Welcome to the University Catholic Center's Parking Website
The parking system is currently offline for maintenance and upgrades.
About The Parking System
The University Catholic Center has implemented a permitted parking system to alleviate parking issues. In recent years unauthorized parking in reserved spaces has become and increasing problem. To solve this, a Parishioner Parking Permit is now required to park at the UCC. To obtain a permit, any registered parishioner may request a permit via the link to the left and pick up their permit at the UCC during normal business hours or on Sunday. If you are visiting the UCC for a meeting or for scheduled business functions, see the front desk and you will receive a temporary permit.
The University Catholic Center's Parking Lot is located at the corner of 21st St. and Whitis Ave. as shown on the map.
If you will be attending the 8:00pm Mass ONLY then you are now allowed to park on the surface lots at St. Austin's. You can view a St. Austin's Parking Map here. You are allowed to park in the blue, green, and tan areas.
Parking Policies for UCC Lot
- In short, READ THE POSTED SIGNS.
- Monday through Saturday -- Central Parking controls all spaces not specifically signed as reserved for the University Catholic Center. Failure to pay their pay box may result in ticketing or towing at owner's expense, according to their posted policy. Their policy applies at all times unless a request has been made in advance through the UCC's Operations Office. An exemption to this general regulation will be posted on the pay meter. Examples of such times have included in the past: Ash Wednesday, Holy Saturday, etc.
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm -- Parking in the UCC Reserved spots is for STAFF only and visitors who have scheduled appointments with staff members. Parking in these spaces without a staff or visitor permit could result in ticket or tow at owner's expense. A visitor permit must include the date or it is considered void.
- Sunday -- The entire parking lot is for UCC Parking by permit only. In order to be hospitable to guests, we will not ticket or tow cars in the lot during Mass; however, we will enforce the permit requirement on cars parked in the lot more than 45 minutes before or after Mass. This is necessary as we have had many instances of the majority of the lot being used by individuals visiting locations other than the UCC on Sundays with no intention of attending the UCC, reducing the ability for the lot to be used for the UCC.
- At all other times -- Parking in the UCC Reserved spots is for registered permits only per signage. Failure to display your permit could result in ticket or tow. Parking in a spot reserved "At All Times" or during a reserved time could result in ticket or tow at owner's expense.
- Special Circumstances -- On occasion, a parking spot may be reserved for specific purpose (e.g. "Reserved for the Bishop") or marked with an orange cone. Failure to obey these devices will result in an immediate tow at owner's expense. Never assume a cone is for you unless you have been specifically instructed to park in that space by a staff member.
- University of Texas at Austin Football Game-Days - On game-days we release our reserved spaces to Central Parking thus a UCC Parking permit does not include game-day privileges unless there is a special event at the UCC - these exceptions will be posted.
Generally speaking, the University Catholic Center will attempt to contact permit holders who have parked without proper authorization; however, we reserve the right to tow without warning or notice at the owner's expense.
IF GIVEN A WARNING: You must contact UCC Parking to explain the incident. Unresolved warnings could result in a tow if parked without authorization again.
IF GIVEN A CITATION FROM CENTRAL PARKING: You must pay or appeal the citation as explained on the citation. The UCC will not request a citation voided except in extremely extraordinary circumstances.
IF TOWED: The University Catholic Center uses J&J's Towing for removal services. Their phone number is (512) 462-2244 and can be found on signs in the parking lot. Please note that they are located south of the airport near U.S. 183 (therefore far away), accept only cash (no checks or credit cards), and the cost of a tow is typically $200.
For questions regarding this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org